Technology & Security
Data and Process Security
All client data is stored in secured databases which are backed up nightly for fast and thorough disaster recover. A very small select group of executives and key technicians have access to the server and database systems. No sensitive Member information is exposed or stored on our servers. Your Data is never accessible by any outside systems. Your data is never shared with any third parties, whatsoever. Your data is yours – we never use it for any purposes other than for those required by your marketing mission.
In addition to our standard datacenter security practices that update security patches all the time, make great use of firewalls, lock down all unused ports and block all potentially malicious activity, there is also a suite of monitoring systems running to detect and thwart potential intrusions and vulnerabilities. A 24/7 tech support staff is on hand making sure that everything is safe and sound.
Hardware and Server Infrastructure
Code Green systems are hosted on dedicated servers in a highly secured datacenter facility housed in a custom private suite inside the carrier neutral AIS Data Center which is located in the San Diego Tech Center, inside the heart of the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego. The site offers a mix of cabinet, cage and custom space, as well as roof rights for microwave links and other antennae systems. The facility is fed from SDG&E with 4000 amps at 480 Volts.
The San Diego Tech Center is home to a number of data/telecom industry tenants and is rich with fiber, with every major carrier in the area represented. Fiber Providers include: AT&T, Cogent, Cox, Level 3, Telepacific, Time Warner, TW Telecom, Savvis, Sprint, Verizon and XO. Diverse fiber pathways accommodating Sonnet rings are provided from the listed carriers. The DC is a true carrier/optically neutral facility with large (2000 sq. ft) Meet Me Room and separate POP room for carriers and fiber providers. The AIS performance-routed blended network includes the following: AT&T, Global Crossing, Level 3, Savvis, Sprint, Verizon, XO & peering via Any2 Exchange & Cenic. This is the bandwidth product we use from AIS along with our direct connections to Level3 and Bandcon.
When this facility was built, no expense was spared. 10 million dollars was spent to build 25,000 square feet of data center. An additional 5 million has been invested in network infrastructure and upgrades. It shows as well as it functions. Our facility is equal to or better than any facility ever built in San Diego. The AIS-Tech Center DC is a SAS 70 Type II compliant data center that features N+1 or better redundancy on all data center systems and security protocols required by leading businesses in the most stringent verticals.
- Camera with remote door release at all facility entrances – only authorized personnel are allowed to enter.
- Biometric palm scanners at man trap entrance
- Card access control at all interior doors
- 24/7/365 on-site security staff
- 24/7/365 intrusion detection monitoring
- Digital surveillance cameras with six months storage on all main data center areas
DC Power Systems electrical
- N+1 redundancy in all systems
- 1200 amps of 48 volt DC power
- Dual DC plants with redundant "A" and "B" circuits provided to POP, Meet me Room and colocation areas
- Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA) batteries providing a minimum of 2 hours backup at full load
AC Power Systems battery
- N+1 redundancy in all systems
- 4 Powerware 500KW Parallel redundant UPSs utilizing Hot SyncÂ® technology
- Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA) batteries providing a minimum of 15 minutes backup at full load
- Dual AC power available for POP, Meet me Room and colocation areas
- 2500 amps of 480 Volt AC power (Transformers step down to 208/120 Volts for customer use)
- 2 Megawatt Caterpillar Generator sized to run entire site at full load for a minimum of 48 hours without refueling, hot refuel capability.
- Dual Automatic Transfer breakers and bypass/isolation switches provide N+1 redundancy for dual source power capability.
- 24 x 7 maintenance contract
- Electrical connections for roll-up generator and load banks
- Full data-grade HVAC system with N+1 redundancy
- Triple redundant 200 ton Carrier chillers with
- Turbocor Upgrade
- 72 degree ambient air temperature (+/-2 degrees)
- 45% humidity (+/-5%)
- 580 tons of computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units,
- (2) 40 ton CRAC units, (8) 30 ton CRAC units, (2) 11 ton
- CRAC units and (10) 21 ton CRAC units
- Dry-pipe, pre-action double interlock fire suppression system
- Both smoke and high temperature heat detectors
- Zone specific discharge
- Early warning VESDA fire detection systems
- DataTrax facility monitoring of Power, HVAC, Security, Fire,
- Leak Detection and Hydrogen Detection Systems
- Network monitoring by NMS which monitors all network connections
- Systems is monitored on-site 24/7/365